Saturday, May 14, 2011

PE3_iMovie


Well, I finished the training!

 
I think that the most valuable points that I learned from Lynda.com’s essential training were the pointers about workspace, audio and the ability to do green screen with iMovie.  I have a full wall of green screen at my disposal in the TV studio at the college where I teach so I can’t wait to try that out.  But since school’s almost over, that may be a while.

As I mentioned in my previous post, iMovie offers a lot more flexibility in audio than I expected.  For my past iMovie projects, I was composing and layering all my audio in Adobe Audition and then importing that sound track into iMoive.  Perhaps I’ll try to do it all in iMovie next time.

The most intriguing feature in iMovie for me though was the easy way that I could edit to the beat of music.  The snap to beat function makes it so intuitive.  

Working with my pics from iPhoto and my beat-mapped music in iMovie.
 
I didn’t care for leaving the ordering of the clips up to iMovie.  I tried that once and wasn’t happy with the results, but then, I’m really picky about such things.  So I started itemizing my iphotos, noting picture numbers and dragged them into the workspace one by one after mapping out the beats that I wanted to cut to.  The result is below.  Half of my week-long Alaskan cruise with my family reduced down to approximately 60 seconds.  I’ll bet my relatives wished I learned how to do this a long time ago!  I did take about 600 pictures after all.  When I get some free time I’ll have to finish this and see if I can feature the entire trip in about 2 minutes – that should make everyone happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment