Wednesday, May 11, 2011

PE1_iMovie


I’m usually pretty good at poking around new software and teaching myself what I need to know.  When I began using iMovie in my first month of Full Sail University’s EMDT program, I thought, “This program is really basic and limiting.”  I used to edit video on Sony Vegas and AVID.  Now those were video editors…this iMovie thing seemed really restrictive.  Then I learned more by making more videos and putting more demands on myself…yes, and poking around some more.  I soon realized that iMovie is a pretty strong program! 

Right now, as I go through the iMovie training on Lynda.com, I’m seeing things that are pretty run-of-the-mill and basic.  Of course that is to be expected in the beginning.  I must say though that I have already picked up one great tip.
I never realized that you could switch the workspace to gain more on-screen real estate for the edit timeline.


What a great idea!  I could write quite a rant about all the times that I’ve squinted and over-maneuvered my cursor trying to get things right in that little workspace.  Thanks Lynda for such a great tip!

And now, back to Lynda -- hopefully, for some deeper learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment