Tuesday, May 3, 2011

BP1_Welcome to my blog


This is my first blog post for the Emergent Technologies in a Collaborative Culture course in the EMDT Masters program at Full Sail University.  The picture personifies my feelings at the beginning of each course in this accelerated program: an up hill climb.  A climb that seems daunting at first, then I get to a plateau, level off, acknowledge my momentary accomplishment, then climb some more.  Before I know it, four weeks have gone by and I find myself at the summit and admiring the view...or, in non-metaphorical terms, I find myself at the end of the course and amazed at what I've learned!  So, here's to the climb...with some luck and hard work, I'll find my footing in the blogs to come
as I explore Personal Learning Environments and, I expect, numerous Web 2.0 tools.

Though writing is not new to me, blogging is.  Much of my writing over the years has been commercial in nature.  I suppose that blogging about various Web 2.0 tools will be product oriented, but unlike the advertising that I’ve written in the past, I will try to make my blogs more objective, more useful and informative.  I believe that as you read my reviews, you’ll want to see if the Web 2.0 application has value for you and if it is easy to use.  I’ll do my best to evaluate it and present it clearly.  Take Blogger for example.  I find this blog software extremely easy to use.  One of my other websites is built on WordPress and though I like the platform, Blogger is simply easier to navigate and use.  The templates are attractive and easily customizable and the most useful gadgets are already in the basic templates.  I chose to take the ETC course recommendation to use Blogger so I could try something new.  I’m glad I did.

So as you read my blog, please feel free to leave comments.  Tell me if you learned something new or if you think I wasted your time.  Tell me if you think I “hit the mark” or if I am way off base.  I look forward to reading the blogs of my fellow ETC students and leaving comments for you as well.  I look forward to seeing you all on the climb.

3 comments:

  1. Mitch,
    Some days I do not even want to be close to this computer. I know what you mean by the challenges we all face monthly. WOW! Great Picture. awesome job so far.
    Derek

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel just about the same as you, that we're at the beginning of something new, but at the end we we will look back and appreciate what we've done. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitch,

    Well said! I am beginning to think that you have a picture that personifies most everything we are feeling! I love that you invested time and thought into the creation of your blog as your choice of images, background and words couldn't explain it any better. In very metaphorical terms, I think that I need we all need to add images to our blog of the roads we are traveling... and in the end, they all end in the same destination... our Master's Degree. So glad to be on this road with you! Can't wait to read more!

    ~Mindi

    ReplyDelete