Friday, May 13, 2011

PE2_iMovie


As the Lynda menu shows below, I’m in the home stretch!  I just need to watch the lessons on exporting and I’m done!


I just finished watching the series on audio.  Again, iMovie offers a lot more than I gave it credit for.  For some reason, I didn’t think that iMovie could deal with more than two tracks of audio.  I was surprised to see that even after adding a couple of sound effects tracks you could add music and a voiceover.  I was also impressed with the different ways that iMovie can manage music tracks.  The image below shows a video from the tutorial.  All the green in the upper left corner represents music that is linked to individual clips.



In addition to tying music to specific clips, iMovie can layer a background music track that is independent of the movement of video clips.  Also, editing to a  beat is so easy in iMovie.  The ability to map out the beats in the music first and then drag pictures or video in to the project to automatically snap to the beat is awesome!  The DJ in me just can’t wait to try this feature.   But that will have to wait…time to finish up with Lynda.

No comments:

Post a Comment